Saturday, May 13, 2006

How to port uClinux kernel to MicroBlaze

MicroBlaze uClinux Project by John Williams, University of Queensland
Mailing list

Now I have successfully boot uclinux kernel on my Spartan3E-Starter-Kit (XC3S500E-4FG320C) with EDK 8.1 sp2.
A useful tutorial by Jason Wu: uClinux ready Microblaze design. However, the information in the tutorial and on John Williams' Website is not updated for new boards and new tools.

Here is my steps for spartan 3E:

1. Getting uClinux BSP

2. Build an EDK project

... to be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've tried the same with my SP3E-kit, but with no success. I would be very interested in getting a copy of your code. Or even better; the steps for doing this.

regards,
Olav

jasonal said...

Hi,
I would suggest you to read and subscribe the microblaze uclinux mailing list. I will publish a step by step instruction later. But meanwhile I have met some problem as well. :(

best regards,
Qichen